Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blogging here lately....(and timing)

has happened, but then not happened. I have blogged, but it has not been published. I start to blog about something and then either get sidetracked or the thought flees my mind (imagine that) and I never get back around to finishing that particular post. I have 5 or so old blog posts sitting in the edit section waiting for me to come back and finish them, and I have tried a couple times on a couple different ones, but it seems the meaning (or time) has been lost since I did not get it done right when I was thinking about it. I guess this is all leading to timing. We all having issues with it....I have punctuality issues. I like to be on time, well actually early for things. Early is on-time, On-time is late, and late well, we all know late is unacceptable although sometimes unavoidable (especially when we have kids). I have friends that tease us because we are usually at lease 15 minutes early to everything, and we are almost always, ok we are always the first people to show up for anything. Even when I try to be late for the sake of not being the uncomfortable first person to show up to something, I am still the first person there. Go figure?!?!

I wonder how much of this is intentional as part of God's plan? I know he has a plan for everyone right? And there are reasons for the way things turn out right? And.....it all has to be part of the larger scheme of things. I know sometimes being in the "wrong place at the wrong time" gets people in trouble often, but it has also helped people being in the "right place and the right time". I was blessed today and able to be there for someone in a rough time of there life and felt (still feel) awesome in just being able to pray for them and with them. I am not normally serving in church during this time and was in the "right place at the right time" today, a door opened (both figuratively and literally) and I was able to minister to someone and just love them. I hope I have made a new friend as well, because I did not really know this person (other than in passing before) but I want to get to know them even more so now!

1 comment:

Tse Family said...

Hi Melissa,
I love your blog and perspective! I haven't had much time to read through it yet...but hope to find time.