Saturday, May 10, 2008

Awake Again.......

I was not able to sleep....big surprize...so I thought I would come lay down some more past.....

In 1998 I fell and hurt my back. I learned there was old damage in the L4-5 area, some old fractures. When this happened, I could hardly walk. I began seeing a chiropractor, and still do. Over the years I have had periods where I could not hardly move due to back issues. I sit or lay on heating pads alot to help relieve the tensionin the muscles of my lower back area. The more I read, the more I think some of the back pains have been due to the Lymes. Last February, I tweaked my back and once again was not able to walk very easily or stand completely erect. I had to have cortisone shots placed in my back around the L4-5, and also an MRI showed that the L5 disc is now "obliterated" as the doctor said. I know some of my problems will be life long issues regarding my back, but I am hoping some will be relieved with the new course of treatment I am now on.

It is really sad to sit and think what this stuff does to your body when it goes untreated for so long. It is hard to believe that in today's technology, we cannot get proper diagnosis, and medical care for what initially would only be a small problem to deal with. I know over the years I have spent WAY too much money on doctors, prescriptions, and tests in order to alleviate the pains and find out what is wrong, and how to deal with it. I have had periods where I was eating pain meds just to be able to function daily so I could deal with my kids. That is no way to watch them grow up. I am ready to see some light at the end of the pain tunnel here...........

No comments: