Sunday, May 17, 2009

Taking a step back....

for a while. I am going to stop most of my large group interactions and extra things I do right now for a little while. I have been sick for about 2 months now with an ongoing sinus infection and decided I needed to get over it! I went to and ENT and he agreed that I probably never got rid of the infection that sent me to the ER in March. I have a sphenoid sinus infection, which can get to be pretty bad if it goes untreated or gets to bad. It is close to the brain and can cause infection in the brain as well. FUN, not. Anyway, after my 3rd round of antibiotics that were not doing anything, he switched me to Levaquin and a decongestan and another steroid pack. I go back to see him in 21 days to see how I am doing after the new treatment and we will go from there. I saw the neuro the following day and she was good with the course of treatment but wanted to do a new round of MRI's (will be done on Tuesday) to compare to the last set as the CT scan made mention of some white mass she was not sure of. Great.....really I am not too worried about it as I have been doing really well on the MS front. I have been feeling good (other than the sinuses) and do not have any MS symptoms that I can notice for the time being really. I just hope this works and I get to feeling 100% better - I am tired of feeling bad! I do not look forward to the possibility of major surgery either.

1 comment:

Bones said...

I'm praying for you everyday!