Friday, October 10, 2008

MEDICAL UPDATE

Well, I had the breathing test done and the docs all say I have better lung function then most of my peers. Who the heck knows what is causing the wheeze, but I am not going to worry about it any more. My GP said he just did not see where I could be classified as having asthma and so he said to just let him know if it continues to bother me and we would go from there.

Also, I went to the neuro and the last MRI was very good!! Praise God - no new lesions and shrinkage (yeah, shrinkage) of the old ones.......which means the Betaseron shot is doing what it needs to be doing!! She still wants me to consider doing IVIG therapy but I do not think it is covered on the insurance. I asked her to look into it, but for right now, I thought I would just keep things the way they are......seems what we are doing is working. I will get my own copy of the MRI as I did not actually see it, she had compared it to the old ones I had though and said it looked better. I want to see it myself though.....I have learned how to read the reports and MRI's as well!! They did claim one lesion was totally gone, but I do not think that it could be, as it is what causes the L'hermittes sign, and I still have that......so I think that radiologists are all different and the reading of an MRI can be subjective......especially id they did not see the earlier ones.

All in all, this is all great news!! I have been feeling pretty good the past couple months. My biggest problem is fatigue and headaches now. She is putting me on Topomax for the headaches since I have gained so much weight from the Lyrica (or the defunct thyroid or the sedentary life I lead, or....who knows - 16 lbs. in 2 months is too much!!). She also gave me another sample of something to help when I get the full on Migraines.......can't remember the name of that though.

No comments: