Sunday, July 20, 2008

Syringe Disposal

Since I have been taking shots every other day, I have built up a collection of used needles. I have sharps containers like the have at doctor offices just smaller for the home. The nurse that came out to do my training told me that by Texas law, all I have to do is to duct tape the top of the container when it reaches the fill line and toss it in the trash. I still can't believe this.......I am having a hard time with the idea of doing this. First of all, these things are NOT biodegradeable and will be in this container FOREVER (unless it gets opened) second, I can't imagine there is no problem with people who are looking for needles to use......they would have a hayday at the dump since we can just toss them in the trash, thirdly, why can't a hospital, pharmacy or doctor office allow for drop off of these items to be disposed of the way they should be??? I just have issue with this on so many levels and do not know what I am going to do. I think I will make some calls myself this week and see what can be done about them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.