Monday, June 30, 2008

Africa will have to wait.....

for never probably........

I spoke to my neurologist about the vaccines I need to get to go to Africa, and she said she did not think it would be a good idea. Considering the active lesions, my immune system being a wreck, and being on new meds, it is probably not a good time to add live vaccines to the mix. She was particularly concerned about the Malaria vaccine. The old neurologist said he wanted me to be on the meds for a while, then do another MRI to see what was going on, then he would decide about the vaccines. The new neuro said it would not change her thoughts on the vaccines either way. I prayed on it, and when I woke up there was an email from Ken telling me he did not want to think about the possible complications from the vaccines and that taking that chance was not good in his mind. So there you go.......

I retracted my position for the trip and told the pastors I could not go. I asked that they give the money I have raised already to another lady in the church who I have been talking about the trip with. At least I could bless someone from the work I did to raise that money!!

1 comment:

Berkeys said...

That's a bummer! I am sure you were looking forward to that trip! Perhaps we will never know what God is doing. Maybe keeping you safe from something. Maybe doing something in the other lady's life - what a comfort to know He has a plan though!