Thursday, May 22, 2008

MRIs Done

Well, after 6 hours at the hospital getting the 2 MRI's done and a spinal tap I am home (finally). What a long day it has been. I had to deal with people asking questions left and right about why I was there for an MRI and spinal tap, I guess because I do not seem sick........

One doctor (NOT an LLMD) was "versing" me on how LD is not really something seen here and it was spirochete from the bordatella (ok close) class, and it mainly infected deer hunters who were around lots of deers (and ticks) where there were lots of acorns. Yes, this is really what the man said. He was very nice during it all and seemed to know how to do a spinal tap well (been doing that 30 years) but not up on LD for sure. I just had to inform him it was pretty prevalent in Texas these days and could also be from the Lone Star tick and possibly transmitted sexually as my hubby and I both have it. I still kills me when I have to defend what disease I say I have. I mean would they challenge some one who said "I have cancer"?? I do not think so........

Anyway, everyone was really nice today(surprizing in a hospital at times), although some were lacking LD knowledge.......guess we will get results in a few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh - I know exactly what you mean. I have to write up a post about how I got 'screwed' by the hospital I recently stayed in for a week! It amazes me how little people seem to know -- including doctors. Personally though, I am not sure whether they have a different agenda...

Happily, I met my Lyme doctor today and she agreed to start a regime of antibiotics and supplements. We'll see what happens next...